Norton Power Eraser18.104.22.168
- Free Freeware
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- May 10, 2018
- [+] More Details
Norton Power Eraser Review
A review of Norton Power Eraser by Tina de Pierre
Norton Power Eraser is a free and simple scareware and malware removal tool which focuses on removing common types of viruses.
This is definitely not an all-in-one antivirus solution and doesn't even come close to being able to remove all common viruses. With that said, it is able to scan different areas of your computer: options include scanning, history and settings.
The standard setup here will start looking for known threats and rootkits that the Norton Power Eraser recognizes. Click the "Scan for Risks" button to get started. The speed all depends on how much data exists on your hard drive(s).
In the history section of the interface, you can review previous scans and check whether or not found threats have been removed.
Overall, Norton Power Eraser is a small and somewhat effective program which can detect and remove some common malware found on the web but doesn't replace any full antivirus solution.
Norton Power Eraser is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from antivirus without restrictions. Norton Power Eraser 22.214.171.124 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This rootkit remover software is filed under:
- Norton Power Eraser Download
- Freeware Antivirus
- Software Reviews
- Major release: Norton Power Eraser 5.3
Compatibility with this rootkit remover software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version may be available from Norton.
We have tested Norton Power Eraser 126.96.36.199 against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans.
Screenshots of Norton Power Eraser (3)
- Bitdefender Rootkit RemoverFreeAntiRootkitFinds and remove rootkits from infected systems
- TDSSKillerFreeAntiRootkitA Kaspersky virus remover that focuses on getting rid of Rootkit.Win32.TDSS, the TDSSKiller malware/rootkit
- Malwarebytes Anti-RootkitFreeAntiRootkitAn effective anti-rootkit tool which removes certain types of rootkits
- Sophos Virus Removal ToolFreeAntiRootkitA freeware rootkit remover
- UnHackMeSharewareAntiRootkitAnti-rootkit software that can detect and remove a list of rootkits, trojans and junk files on a target PC